Research Assistant: Cell-Based Assays
SAMDI Tech is a rapidly growing world-class contract research company with an innovative approach to drug discovery featuring our unique label-free SAMDI technology. In the company’s ten-year history, SAMDI Tech has become a leading provider of label-free assay solutions and offers several methodologies beyond label-free for biochemical and cellular assays. SAMDI Tech works with many of the top-10 large pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology companies, and continues to expand its global client base.
At SAMDI Tech, our mission is to deliver unrivaled solutions through high quality data, unprecedented turnaround time, and innovative technologies that drive drug discovery.
The Research Assistant will participate in cell-based research that assist our partners and collaborators with their drug discovery projects. The Research Assistant will also manage laboratory reagents and materials to ensure smooth operations and timely delivery of data to clients. The Research Assistant will report to the Associate Director of Cell-Based Assays.
- Maintain the accuracy of the cell line database and reagents inventory
- Routinely prepare reagents and experimental samples for cell-based assays
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for general mammalian cell culture including growing, maintaining, expanding, freezing and thawing cell lines
- Liaise with study managers to provide quality service to clients, including creating client specific SOPs, collecting and analyzing data
- Assist in organizing and managing the laboratory including preventive maintenance of equipment to ensure a contaminant free environment
- Perform other related work as needed
Qualifications and Preferred Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, immunology, materials science, or related field
- 1-3 years of work experience in a related job discipline, ideally in an industry setting
- Experience with aseptic technique, automated liquid handling and inventory management preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong computer skills and experience in generating graphical outputs of data
Employee benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) plan
- You will make an incredible impact as a key member of an emerging brand that’s revolutionizing drug discovery research
- Working with a unified group of passionate team members that are driven by improving drug discovery to benefit researchers and ultimately the patients
- Integrating into a company that is passionate about its people and their development
We are seeking high-energy individuals who are motivated by challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a desire to make a significant impact in the life sciences and drug discovery. Compensation will be competitive for the ideal candidate.