Research Assistant (Full-time)
SAMDI Tech (Chicago, IL) leads the industry with an innovative approach to drug discovery. We use our unique label-free SAMDI technology to offer drug discovery solutions to our global client base.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled scientist to join our dynamic Research Team. The Research Team leads target/enzyme-based projects for biotech and pharma clients to develop assays for high-throughput screening, and characterization of drug candidates and reaction mechanisms.
The successful candidate will be organized and able to work under strict timelines in a fast paced environment. Primary responsibilities may include supporting the preparation of reagents and materials for running biochemical assays, assisting in executing biochemical assays utilizing state of the art MALDI TOF mass spectrometry, integrating automated liquid handling, and supporting fundamental laboratory functions.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- B.S. (0-3 years exp) in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or related field.
- Experience in lab environment is preferred.
- Experience with automated liquid handling, enzyme kinetics, mass spectrometry, and high-throughput screening is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience in generating graphical outputs of data is preferred.
- The candidate must be organized and work diligently to meet timelines.