SAMDI Tech (Chicago, IL) is a rapidly growing world-class contract research company with an innovative approach to drug discovery using our unique label-free SAMDI technology. In the company’s ten-year history, SAMDI Tech has become a leading provider of label-free assay solutions. SAMDI Tech works with many of the top-10 large pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology companies, and continues to expand its global client base.
At SAMDI Tech, our mission is to deliver unrivaled solutions through expert technical knowledge, communication, the highest quality data, and rapid turn around time. We embody these key values:
We are Supportive: We support our clients and our teammates.
We are Accountable: We accept responsibility for tasks and take initiative on all projects.
We are Meticulous: We pay attention to every scientific detail and in communicating with clients.
We are Driven: We are passionate for growth as scientists, as professionals, and as a Company.
We are Innovative: We are creative thinkers that find solutions to challenging biological questions.
The Research Assistant will be an active member of our dynamic Research Team. The Research Team leads target/enzyme-based projects for biotech and pharma clients to develop biochemical assays for high-throughput screening and characterization of drug candidates and reaction mechanisms. Responsibilities include:
- Support preparation of reagents and materials for running biochemical assays.
- Assist in executing biochemical assays utilizing state of the art mass spectrometry
- Integrate automated liquid handling and support compound management
- Provide support for fundamental laboratory functions
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- A passion for knowledge and a positive attitude
- Critical thinking and ability to work under strict timelines in a fast paced environment
- A desire to explore a career in drug discovery
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Qualifications and Preferred Experience
- B.S. (0-3 years exp) in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or related field
- Experience in lab environment is preferred
- Experience with automated liquid handling, enzyme kinetics, mass spectrometry, and high-throughput screening is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills and experience in generating graphical outputs of data is preferred
- The candidate must be organized and work diligently to meet timelines
- You will make an incredible impact as a key member of an emerging brand that’s revolutionizing drug discovery research
- Working with a unified group of passionate team members that are driven by improving drug discovery to benefit researchers and ultimately the patients
- Integrating into a company that is passionate about its people and their development
- Employee benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) plan
If you are interested in this role, please use one page or less to answer the following questions:
- What are the behaviors of a good team member and why?
- How have you become better over the past year?
We are seeking high-energy individuals who are motivated by challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a desire to make a significant impact in the life sciences and drug discovery. Compensation will be competitive for the ideal candidate.