Research Associate- Biochemical Assay Specialist (Full-time)
SAMDI Tech (Chicago, IL) leads the industry with an innovative approach to drug discovery. We use our unique label-free SAMDI technology to offer drug discovery solutions to our global client base.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled scientist to join our dynamic Research Team. The Research Team leads target/enzyme-based projects for biotech and pharma clients to develop assays for high-throughput screening, and characterization of drug candidates and reaction mechanisms.
The successful candidate will be organized and able to work under strict timelines in a fast paced environment. Primary responsibilities may include handling and processing of reagents and materials for running biochemical assays, designing and performing biochemical assays utilizing state of the art MALDI TOF mass spectrometry, take a project leadership role on multiple targets/enzymes, integrating automated liquid handling, and writing and maintaining Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs).
Qualifications and Required Experience
- B.S. (3+ years exp) or M.S. (1-3 years exp) in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or related field.
- At least 1 year experience in a laboratory environment.
- Experience in performing assays is essential.
- Experience with automated liquid handling, enzyme kinetics, mass spectrometry, and high-throughput screening is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience in generating graphical outputs of data is preferred.
- The candidate must be organized and work diligently to meet timelines.