Research Associate – Experienced Biochemical Assay Specialist
SAMDI Tech (Chicago, IL) is a rapidly growing world-class contract research company with an innovative approach to drug discovery using our unique label-free SAMDI technology. In the company’s ten-year history, SAMDI Tech has become a leading provider of label-free assay solutions. SAMDI Tech works with many of the top-10 large pharmaceutical companies and biotechnology companies, and continues to expand its global client base.
The company’s mission is to deliver unrivaled solutions through expert technical knowledge, quality data, and rapid turn around time. We embody these key values:
We are Supportive: We support our clients and our teammates
We are Accountable: We accept responsibility for tasks and take initiative on all projects
We are Meticulous: We pay attention to every scientific detail and in communicating with clients
We are Driven: We are passionate for growth as scientists, as professionals, and as a Company
We are Innovative: We are creative thinkers that find solutions to challenging biological questions
The Research Associate – Biochemical Assay Specialist is critical in building, growing, and developing SAMDI Tech’s assay capabilities and dynamic culture. You will be responsible for leading target/enzyme-based projects for biotech and pharma clients to develop assays for high-throughput screening and characterizing drug candidates and reaction mechanisms. The position reports to the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO). Responsibilities include:
• Handle and process reagents and materials for performing biochemical assays
• Design and execute assay developments tasks with high quality and in a timely fashion
• Analyze biochemical assay data using Michaelis-Menten kinetics and other applicable mechanisms
• Lead biochemical projects from assay development through high-throughput screening using automated liquid handling
• Write and maintain standard operating protocols (SOP) and maintain a detailed laboratory notebook
• Communicate data with clients
• A passion for professional growth and supporting team members
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Curious mindset and an avid reader on the topics of drug discovery, biochemistry, and new technologies in the life sciences
• A strong desire to personally learn, grow, and develop.
• Minimum of 3 years’ industry experience leading biochemical high-throughput assay projects
• Experience with mass spectrometry is a plus
• Experience with fluorescence-based and radioactivity-based assays is a plus
• A B.S./B.A. degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related field
• You will make an incredible impact as a key member of an emerging brand that’s revolutionizing drug discovery research
• Working with a unified group of passionate team members that are driven by improving drug discovery to benefit researchers and ultimately the patients
• Integrating into a company that is passionate about its people and their development
• Employee benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) plan
If you are interested in this role, please use one page or less to answer the following questions:
• How does your work philosophy integrate SAMDI Tech’s core values?
• What are the behaviors of a good team member and why?
• What assay technologies are your favorite and why?
• How have you become better over the past year?
We are seeking high-energy individuals who are motivated by challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a desire to make a significant impact in the life sciences and drug discovery. Compensation will be competitive for the ideal candidate. In your cover letter, we would like to know why you want to join SAMDI Tech, any relevant skills for the position, what (non-confidential) supplies we would find on your lab bench if we paid you a surprise visit, your favorite SAMDI paper and why, and your favorite Nobel Prize winner and why.