Scientist / Senior Scientist – Biochemical Assay Specialist
SAMDI Tech (Chicago, IL) is a rapidly growing world-class contract research company with an innovative approach to drug discovery using our unique label-free SAMDI technology. In the company’s ten-year history, SAMDI Tech has become a leading provider of label-free assay solutions. SAMDI Tech works with many of the top-10 large pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology companies, and continues to expand its global client base.
At SAMDI Tech, our mission is to deliver unrivaled solutions through expert technical knowledge, communication, the highest quality data, and rapid turn around time.
The Scientist / Sr. Scientist will be a critical member of our biochemical assay research team and a leader developing SAMDI Tech’s optical and radioactivity-based assay capabilities and dynamic culture. You will be responsible for leading target/enzyme-based projects for biotech and pharma clients to develop assays for high-throughput screening and characterizing drug candidates and reaction mechanisms. The position reports to the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO). Responsibilities include:
- Expand and manage a commercial drug discovery assay platform featuring optical and radioactivity-based and SAMDI methodologies
- Lead efforts to develop and execute optical, radioactivity, and SAMDI assays that address clients’ needs for high-throughput screening and follow-up assays
- Lead internal technology development and research projects around novel targets
- Write and maintain standard operating protocols (SOP) and maintain a detailed laboratory notebook
- Review, analyze, and communicate results to clients and the SAMDI Tech team
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Expertise in enzymology, biochemistry, kinetics, and drug discovery
- Critical thinking to develop novel assays, design experiments, and interpret results independently
- Proven experience in working with plate readers for optical and radioactivity assays, including performing routine maintenance and troubleshooting
- Present strategies and opportunities for tools to integrate into our commercial offering
Qualifications and Preferred Experience
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, biology, chemistry, immunology, or a related life science field
- An outstanding publication record of running biochemical assays using optical and radioactivity-based formats
- 3 years of industry experience in assay development and high-throughput screening
- A passion for professional growth and supporting team members
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Curious mindset and an avid reader on the topics of drug discovery, biochemistry, and new technologies in the life sciences
- A strong desire to personally learn, grow, and develop.
- Experience with mass spectrometry is a plus
- You will make an incredible impact as a key member of an emerging brand that’s revolutionizing drug discovery research
- Working with a unified group of passionate team members that are driven by improving drug discovery to benefit researchers and ultimately the patients
- Integrating into a company that is passionate about its people and their development
- Employee benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) plan
If you are interested in this role, please use one page or less to answer the following questions:
- How does your work philosophy integrate SAMDI Tech’s core values?
- What are the behaviors of a good team member and why?
- What assay technologies are your favorite and why?
- How have you become better over the past year?
We are seeking high-energy individuals who are motivated by challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a desire to make a significant impact in the life sciences and drug discovery.
Compensation will be competitive for the ideal candidate.