Scientist / Sr. Scientist – Cell-Based Assay Development and Screening
SAMDI Tech (Chicago, IL) is a rapidly growing world-class contract research company with an innovative approach to drug discovery using our unique label-free SAMDI technology. In the company’s ten-year history, SAMDI Tech has become a leading provider of label-free assay solutions. SAMDI Tech works with many of the top-10 large pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology companies, and continues to expand its global client base.
At SAMDI Tech, our mission is to deliver unrivaled solutions through expert technical knowledge, communication, the highest quality data, and rapid turn around time. We embody these key values:
We are Supportive: We support our clients and our teammates.
We are Accountable: We accept responsibility for tasks and take initiative on all projects.
We are Meticulous: We pay attention to every scientific detail and in communicating with clients.
We are Driven: We are passionate for growth as scientists, as professionals, and as a Company.
We are Innovative: We are creative thinkers that find solutions to challenging biological questions.
The Scientist / Sr. Scientist will lead the cell-based assay team at SAMDI Tech and be responsible for building the team and capabilities to offer novel cell-based assays to our clients. The scientist will also lead the research and development of a proprietary high-throughput and label-free cell-based assay that reports on specific enzyme activities (offered exclusively at SAMDI Tech) and will be instrumental in commercializing the assay for high-throughput screening and identification/characterization of drug candidates and reaction mechanisms for our clients.
The position reports to the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO). Responsibilities include:
- Expand and manage a commercial tissue culture facility and quality research team
- Lead efforts to develop and execute cell-based assays that address clients’ needs for high-throughput screening and follow-up assays
- Lead internal technology development projects around novel cell-based SAMDI assays
- Review, analyze, and communicate results to clients and the SAMDI Tech team
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Expertise in cell-biology and cell-based assays
- Critical thinking to develop novel assays, design experiments, and interpret results independently
- Proven experience in generating cell lines, including over-expressing and knockout cell lines using CRISPR and/or other technologies
- Present strategies and opportunities for new cell-based assays and tools to integrate into our commercial offering
Qualifications and Preferred Experience
- PhD in biology, immunology, biochemistry, cell biology, or related field
- An outstanding cell-based assay focused publication record
- 3 year industry experience in cell-based assay development and screening
- Experience with automated liquid handling, enzyme kinetics, mass spectrometry, and high-throughput screening is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong computer skills and experience in generating graphical outputs of data is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of being strong interpersonally, leading a group, and overseeing interdisciplinary projects
- Making an incredible impact as a key member of an established brand that’s revolutionizing drug discovery research
- Working with a unified group of passionate team members that are driven by improving drug discovery to benefit researchers and ultimately the patients
- Integrating into a company that is passionate about its people and their development
- Employee benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) plan
If you are interested in this role, please use one page or less to answer the following questions:
- How does your work philosophy integrate SAMDI Tech’s core values?
- What are the behaviors of a good team member and why?
- What assay technologies are your favorite and why?
- How have you become better over the past year?
We are seeking high-energy individuals who are motivated by challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a desire to make a significant impact in the life sciences and drug discovery. Compensation will be competitive for the ideal candidate.